Basketball Statistics Forum | Foro de las Estadísticas del Baloncesto
Dec 15, 2018, 08:22:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: eBA Encyclopedia: New Terms Added Today !

Home   Help Search Login Register  

BEST BASKETBALL COACHING COURSES for SUCCESS!

Basketball Shooting: Creating Your Shot Off the Dribble ~ COURSE by Hal Wissel

Click here to read the full review
and the full live footage!

No more expensive DVD's and their distribution costs,
no more expensive & time-consuming websites, and no more !

Check out ALL-BASKETBALL FEATURED MOST POPULAR COURSES! or
Check out CoachTUBE ALL-SPORTS FEATURED COURSES!

Recommend O' Site !

coachtube-football-vertical-ad

TOP & BEST BASKETBALL
ONLINE COURSES
for the SUCCSESS!
By the

WORLD’s BEST COACHES

The Read & React Offense

by Rick Torbett

The Read & React Offense by Rick Torbett

To the FULL Review,
Live Footage
& Videos...

Championship Rebounding

by Jamy Bechler

Championship Rebounding by Jamy Bechler

To the FULL Review,
Live Footage
& Videos...

Defensive and Rebound Skills

by Tom Izzo

Defensive and Rebound Skills by Tom Izzo

To the FULL Review,
Live Footage
& Videos...

No Moves Needed

by Christian Mueller

No Moves Needed by Christian Mueller

To the FULL Review,
Live Footage
& Videos...

Coaching Womens Basketball

by Pat Summitt

Coaching Womens Basketball by Pat Summitt

To the FULL Review,
Live Footage
& Videos...

more Popular Basketball Courses...

Urban Meyer and Coachtube

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ¶ Basketball Professional Players News & In Search • Noticias y Bolsa de Trabajo de Jugadores del Baloncesto Profesional  (Read 577335 times)
willgam

« Reply #16 on: Nov 16, 2010, 02:23:54 AM »

Basketball Professional Players • Jugadores del Baloncesto Profesional

Lithuania’s Mr Hustle

There are so many great Lithuanian basketball players to admire.

Arvydas Sabonis?

Now that’s a legend from the Baltics if ever there was one!

He’s the most famous of all, a man that many called the best in the game when he was at the height of his career and still playing in Europe.

Sabonis went into the FIBA Hall of Fame this year.

Jonas Maciulis, a player in Lithuania’s national team now, learned to play at the Sabonis basketball school in Kaunas.

But what has made Lithuanian basketball successful over the years hasn’t been one man.

It’s been a belief in the team ethos, that it’s the most important element in success, and life.

There is also the fact that only players willing to fight for 40 minutes in every game – the way Maciulis and Lithuania did this summer when they went on a stunning run to the bronze medal at the FIBA World Championship as a wild-card participant – can play for the national team.

It’s fitting, then, that Maciulis gave his answer on Thursday night, after tearing apart Power Electronics Valencia with 26 points, as to who his favorite player was when he was growing up.

It was someone like himself, someone unheralded that a lot of fans around the world may not know but one that is vitally important for teams to win.

"Mindaugas Timinskas of Zalgiris,” he said to FIBA.com, referring to the former national team player.

"He was my idol.

"I want to fight, to be like him."

The play of Maciulis for Armani Jeans Milano on Thursday night would have made Timinskas smile.

The 25-year-old forward shot the ball so well in the first half of the Euroleague game that by half-time, he had 18 points.

He finished with a game-high 26.

Maciulis was so impressive in scoring from everywhere on the court and collecting floor burns while diving for loose balls that he received applause from the Valencia fans whenever he left the game.

It was reminiscent of the way he and his national team played in Turkey.

Next summer

Maciulis is clearly on a high from this summer with the national team.

Lithuania had been down in the dumps after EuroBasket 2009 when they won just one game.

That tournament had been torture for the players.

Everything changed in Turkey and coach Kestutis Kemzura was the biggest reason why.

He took over from Ramunas Butautas and successfully changed the mood in the squad.

"He has authority,” Maciulis said.

“You just look at him, how calm he is and how he explains everything to you, and how he's a great man - you just believe in him.

"I think this is the most important thing, to believe in a coach and go with him every time.

"There wasn't one second when the team wasn't with the coach (in Turkey), so, this is really important.

"First of all, he's a great guy outside basketball so this helps for sure."

After the 2008 Olympics, the USA players talked openly about how the experience had changed them for the better.

The same can be said for this summer with Lithuania.

"I think the confidence (from the World Championship) helps for sure, to arrive in Milan after being with a great team," he said.

"Everybody will come (to the EuroBasket) with more skills, more confidence.

"I'm looking at the performances of everyone now this season that was in the national team and I think we will be a good national team.

"I hope that we will win in our country."

By Jeff TAYLOR from FIBA

Visit: The eBA Basketball Statistics Great Debate
georgehowlin

« Reply #15 on: Nov 02, 2010, 06:12:34 AM »

A Magnificent College Point Guard in America at Florida,
Nick Calathes Content and Confident Wear the Panathinaikos Shirt

There’s something very refreshing when seeing Nick Calathes wear the Panathinaikos shirt.

A magnificent college point guard in America at Florida, Calathes left the Gators after two seasons to launch his professional career with the Greens in Greece.

He has the advantage of possessing a Greek passport, which means he doesn’t take up one of the valued foreigner spots.

What one realizes quickly at Panathinaikos games is that Calathes isn't playing much.

Panathinaikos is a star-laden team in the Euroleague that revolves around the sublimely gifted point guard Dimitris Diamantidis.

In the team’s Euroleague opener at Valencia last week, Calathes only played five minutes and 51 seconds.

On Thursday at home to CSKA Moscow, Calathes played almost 10 minutes.

Panathinaikos won both games.

Calathes, who was taken in the 2009 NBA Draft by Minnesota, isn’t getting many minutes but he’s got a smile on his face and a bounce in his step.

He looks content.

"I've been here for two years now, or a year and a half," he said to FIBA.com after the game against Valencia, "and the national team has really helped me.

"Obviously, it's tough to adjust because I've lived in the States my whole life but I think I'm getting better at it.

"Greece is a great place and I'm with a great organization (Panathinaikos)."

Calathes mentioned national team.

Greece, remember, won EuroBasket 2005 in Belgrade and followed that up with the stunning 101-95 upset of Team USA in the Semi-Finals of the 2006 FIBA World Championship history.

In 2009, when Calathes joined the team, a shorthanded Greece under new coach Jonas Kazlauskas went on a terrific run at the EuroBasket in Poland and captured the bronze medal.

This year, though, there was no gain, only pain.

In the build-up to Turkey, two Greek players - Antonis Fotsis and Sofoklis Schortsanitis - were each banned for two games after an incident late in a friendly against Serbia.

The Greeks went to Ankara and lost to Turkey, and unexpectedly to Russia, before falling to Spain in the Eight-Finals.

And to finish a disappointing World Championship for Greece, the much-loved 30-year-old Diamantidis announced he was retiring from the national team.

Without delving too much into the negatives, Calathes did comment on Greece's summer.

"We didn't connect really during the World Championship," he said.

"I thought we were a lot better than what we showed.

"Obviously we could have shot a lot better, but it happens sometimes like that.

"Hopefully next year, we can do something special at the EuroBasket."

As for the potential changes in the Greek national team, especially with Diamantidis' retirement and the question as to who will coach the team now that Kazlauskas' contract has expired, Calathes said: "I don't know.

"I'm focused on Panathinaikos right now.

"Whatever happens with the Greek Federation and what they decide, I don't know.

"I'm focusing on the here and now and hopefully we can win some championships here."

Putting all of his attention on Panathinaikos is not a bad thing.

Calathes is getting a chance to play with Diamantidis and under Obradovic.

The Greens will be among the teams to beat once again this year.

Off the court, it’s different this season.

Calathes is no longer sharing a home in Athens with his brother, Pat.

Nick stayed but Pat, who played for Maroussi in Athens last season, is now playing in Rhodes.

They will still see each other from time to time, but now Nick is on his own.

"It's good to have your own privacy, but it's better with family being with you all the time," he said.

"But it's still fun.

"I've got teammates that are like family to me and have taken me under their wing, have shown me around, taken me out to dinner and stuff like that.

"My parents will come over once a year.

"They'll come over in January or February and I've got a lot of friends that come over."

Pat said that he did the cooking, and cleaning, when he and Nick lived together in Athens.

What Nick's take on that?

"(Laughs) Don't listen to him," he said.

"He's the one that made my house a mess."

By Jeff TAYLOR from FIBA

Visit: The eBA Stats Group Basketball Books & DVDs STORE
peru_fan

« Reply #14 on: Oct 19, 2010, 09:26:46 PM »

Necesito Jugadoras de Nivel para que Jueguen en la Liga Peruana

NECESITO JUGADORAS DE NIVEL PARA QUE JUEGUEN EN LA LIGA PERUANA ,
DE PREFERENCIA QUE JUEGUEN  DE 1 Y 2 Y OTRA QUE LO HAGA DE 3 Y 4.
SE LES DA HOSPEDAJE ALIMENTACION PASAJES Y SUBVENCION ECONOMICA,

Por favor Visita a nuestros Patrocinadores !
Tenemos una deuda enorme de gratitud a nuestros patrocinadores
por su apoyo fundamental.
Por favor ayúdenos a darles las gracias
visitando sus sitios o usando sus servicios !

Contacto= JORGE Y ARIAS VILDOSO
CEL:988661123
jorgeariasbsm@yahoo.es

Visite: El Portal del Grupo eBA Stats
eBAstats
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: Aug 25, 2010, 04:32:58 AM »

Jugador U19 Quiere Contactar un Club que Requiera sus Servicios

Nombre: Matías Maidana    Edad:19 años    Fecha de nacimiento: 11/05/91   Origen: Tucumán
Puesto: Base   Estatura:1.84 m

A los 16 años estuvo en Quimsa (Santiago del Estero), participó como juvenil en Ciclista Olímpico de la Banda (Santiago del Estero), participó también en varias selecciones representando a su provincia en las categorías que le correspondía.

Actual club Club Municipalidad de Córdoba de Córdoba Capitál, club que juega en la máxima categoría de esa asociación.-

E-mail de Matias Maidana: matiasmaidana227@hotmail.com

Visite: El Grupo eBA Stats CONTIGO en Google PLUS !
Pre Liminar

« Reply #12 on: Aug 16, 2010, 09:26:00 AM »

Pippen y Malone ya son inmortales:
ya entraron en el Salón de la Fama del Basquetbol Naismith Memorial

SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts -- Scottie Pippen agradeció al jugador que significó mucho para él en su carrera.

Por su parte, Karl Malone recordó a la persona que significó más en su vida.

El pasado viernes 13 de Agosto, Pippen y Malone fueron incluidos en el Salón de la Fama del Basquetbol Naismith Memorial, reconocidos como jugadores de manera individual y como miembros del Dream Team del año 1992.

Pippen abrió su discurso con el que agradeció su inclusión al alabar a su ex compañero Michael Jordan, con quien ganó seis veces el campeonato de la NBA con los Chicago Bulls y le agradeció por ser "el mejor compañero de equipo".

"MJ, has tocado la vida de muchas personas, pero ninguna como la mía", dijo Pippen, un jugador poco conocido de la Universidad Central de Arkansas cuando los Bulls lo adquirieron en 1987.

Pippen fue el primer jugador incluido en la ceremonia efectuada en el Salón de la Sinfonía, con la presencia de Jordan en el mismo escenario como su presentador y Pippen dijo que "agradecerá por siempre esa relación".

"Quién iba a decir que el número 23 iba a estar aquí 23 años después presentándome en el Salón de la Fama", dijo Pippen.

Malone batalló para controlar su emoción durante su discurso, sobre todo hacia el final cuando recordó a su madre, quien cumplió el viernes siete años de fallecida.

"Estoy aquí gracias a ella", agregó.

Malone también agradeció al dueño del Utah Jazz, Larry Miller por creer en él. Malone ganó dos premios al Jugador Más Valioso y está en el segundo lugar de máximos anotadores en la historia de la NBA, y señaló que todo este éxito se debió a mantenerse fiel a sus raíces de Luisiana.

"Espero haberlo hecho de la manera como lo hicieron mis antecesores antes que yo", dijo Malone. "No hice nada más que jugar fuerte", agregó.

Dentro de los consagrados al Salón en este 2010 también se encuentran los integrantes del Equipo de Ensueño (Dream Team) que ganó la medalla de oro de los Juegos Olímpicos de Barcelona 1992, así como el equipo que ganó la medalla de oro de los Juegos Olímpicos de Roma 1960.

Pippen y Malone jugaron con Jordan, Magic Johnson, Charles Barkley y Larry Bird en el equipo de 1992, y Bird, quien estaba a punto de retirarse debido a una lesión en la espalda, fue convencido por Johnson para que participara en los Juegos Olímpicos.

"Fue una bella manera de decir adiós, ganando la medalla de oro", dijo Bird.

En el escenario estuvo en pleno el Equipo de Ensueño (Dream Team), así como los integrantes que todavía viven del equipo campeón de los Juegos Olímpicos de 1960.

Con un grupo de superestrellas de la NBA, la selección estadounidense, más conocida como el "Dream Team" se exhibió y deslumbró de forma dominante y espectacular en su recorrido hacia la medalla de oro en Barcelona. De paso, elevó la popularidad del baloncesto estadounidense a niveles sin precedentes.

"Fue la primera vez que se unieron en la selección los jugadores de la NBA, y aquello fue muy especial", recordó Bird. "De niño, uno siempre sueña con los Juegos Olímpicos y se pregunta cuál será la sensación de participar en unos. Fue muy especial el ser capaces de hacer esto, sin duda".

Los estadounidenses anotaron un récord olímpico de 117,3 puntos de promedio por partido y ganaron sus encuentros por una diferencia de 43,8 tantos de media por encuentro en los Juegos de Barcelona.

"Era la primera vez que la gente veía un partido de éstos, y algunos decían: 'Ya sé cuál es el resultado, pero quiero ver actuar a estos artistas", secundó el comisionado de la NBA, David Stern, quien añadió que el equipo "sin duda fue el catalizador del crecimiento internacional de la liga".

También Ubiratan Maciel de Brasil fue incluído en el Salón de la Fama.

Please, Support our Sponsors !
We owe a huge debt of gratitude to our generous sponsors for their key support.
Please help us thank them by supporting their various endeavors,
visiting their sites or using their services !

FIBA Américas

Visite: Los Blogs de las Estadísticas del Grupo eBA Stats
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: