Basketball Statistics Forum | Foro de las Estadísticas del Baloncesto
Aug 22, 2017, 11:27:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Basketball SWARM Defense Series at HOOPSKING

News: eBA System Basketball Statistics Analysis Updated !

Home   Help Search Login Register  

HOOPSKING: Making Coaches & Players Better Since 2000

Recommend O' Site !

If you're using AdBlock PlusIf you're using AdBlock Plus or some other adblocking software, please know that You are free to do so and we shall not try to stop you.
If you're using AdBlock Plus

Just know that, although you are clearly not interested in clicking any of the advertisements on this website, ad-blocking prevents us from continuing to produce the content we do provide free of charge, and we politely request you to kindly ‘whitelist’ our site thereby allowing our harmless and unobtrusive ads to load and the impressions counting to run !.

Thank YOU !
The eBA Team

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: § EuroBasket & European Basketball Tournaments News & Analysis • Análisis Torneos Europeos de Baloncesto y Eurobasket  (Read 533806 times)
eurofan

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 01:54:48 AM »

EuroBasket & European Basketball Tournaments Analysis • Análisis Torneos Europeos de Baloncesto y Eurobasket

Italy - Bargnani ready as Italy prepare for ‘group of death’

Andrea Bargnani would prefer to compete for a world title this summer.

Instead, he’ll have to settle for being the talisman in the Azzurri squad when Simone Pianigiani’s men attempt to qualify for EuroBasket 2011 in Lithuania.

Bargnani held a press conference in Rome to remove any doubts about his availability this summer.

“We are going through a difficult time and I feel that responsibility but there's also the willingness to return to enjoy myself having an important role at international level,” he said.

Italy received a wild card to play at the 2006 FIBA World Championship and advanced from the Preliminary Round, but they failed to reach the Quarter-Finals of EuroBasket 2007 in Spain, which knocked them out of contention for a spot at the 2008 Olympics.

They also didn’t qualify for EuroBasket 2009 in Poland.

The Italians will take on Latvia, Israel, Montenegro and Finland in a Division A ‘group of death’ this summer.

Sitting alongside Italian Basketball Federation president Dino Meneghin, Bargnani said: "I didn't need to be convinced by Dino Meneghin or by coach Simone Pianigiani.

"My decision (to play) has been spontaneous at a time when Italian basketball is going through a period of an ugly crisis.”

Italy have been a hugely important team on the international stage over the years, but Bargnani says no side deserves to have anything given to it.

"It's right that this new cycle brings the Azzurri back to the level it merits,” he said.

As far as the intentions of his Toronto teammate, Marco Belinelli, Bargnani said: "Belinelli? I cannot speak for him, but I obviously hope that he also returns to the national team."

The other player in the NBA Italy would like to have is Danilo Gallinari of the New York Knicks.

Injuries have kept him out of action for the Italians dating back to before EuroBasket 2007 in Spain.

Italy will play eight games in three weeks as they attempt to reach EuroBasket 2011 in Lithuania.

FIBA

Visit: The eBA Stats Group WITH YOU on Facebook !
eBAstats
Administrator

« on: Jun 17, 2007, 09:12:30 AM »

EuroBasket & European Basketball Tournaments Analysis • Análisis Torneos Europeos de Baloncesto y Eurobasket

This topic intents to provide information and analysis about all  EuroBasket & European Basketball Tournaments.

Visit: The eBA Stats Group WITH YOU on Twitter !

Este tópico intenta dar cabida a toda la información y análisis referidos a los Torneos Europeos de Baloncesto y Eurobasket.

Visit: The eBA Stats Group Channel on YouTube

keywords= basketbal,basketball statistics, basketball analysis,statistics,european basketball,Eurobasket
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Basketball Point Guard Elite 4 Pack at HOOPSKING