Basketball Statistics Forum | Foro de las Estadísticas del Baloncesto
Mar 25, 2017, 02:58:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: eBA Encyclopedia: New Terms Added Today !

Home   Help Search Login Register  

CHAMPIONSHIP PRODUCTIONS LAST MINUTE SALE PROMOTION

Coaching DVDs at Championship Productions

This SALE promotion IS ONGOING !

Check out TODAY's SALE PROMOTIONS! or
Check out CHAMPIONSHIP NEWEST BASKETBALL DVDs!

Recommend O' Site !

If you're using AdBlock PlusIf you're using AdBlock Plus or some other adblocking software, please know that You are free to do so and we shall not try to stop you.
If you're using AdBlock Plus

Just know that, although you are clearly not interested in clicking any of the advertisements on this website, ad-blocking prevents us from continuing to produce the content we do provide free of charge, and we politely request you to kindly ‘whitelist’ our site thereby allowing our harmless and unobtrusive ads to load and the impressions counting to run !.

Thank YOU !
The eBA Team

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ¶ Basketball Professional Players News & In Search • Noticias y Bolsa de Trabajo de Jugadores del Baloncesto Profesional  (Read 547757 times)
coach_B

« Reply #22 on: Apr 02, 2011, 12:31:04 AM »

Basketball Professional Players • Jugadores del Baloncesto Profesional

"Just Do It" Biyombo

The Nike Hoop Summit is supposed to be about the celebration of gifted young players who are going to be the stars of tomorrow.

Sadly for Congolese center Bismack Biyombo and ACB play-off chasers Fuenlabrada, it's proving to be the source of a dispute that isn't going to have a happy ending.

The Nike Hoop Summit is an annual game that is played between college-bound American high school players and those of similar talent from around the world.

Milan Macvan, the Serbia international who plays for Maccabi Tel Aviv now, was playing professionally in Serbia in 2009 when he left to play in the event at the Rose Garden in Portland, Oregon.

Greece’s Nikos Pappas also played in that team, along with current Benetton Treviso forward Dontas Montiejunas and France international Edwin Jackson.

They led the World Select to victory.

Eighteen-year-old Biyombo hoped that one day, he’d have a chance to play at the Hoop Summit as well when he signed a contract with Fuenlabrada before the 2009-10 campaign, a contract that said he would be allowed to go if chosen.

Fuenlabrada now admit that at the time, they believed Biyombo would be playing with their youth team and not the senior side.

How wrong they were!

The 2.04m pivot was so dominant that he made the first team this season and that, along with the emergence of Mexico national team center Gustavo Ayon, has given the club a couple of awesome talents in the low post.

They are two giant reasons why Fuenlabrada are challenging for a top-eight finish and a place in the end-of-season play-offs.

Their development was so rapid that Fuenlabrada agreed to sell Uruguayan international Esteban Batista to Caja Laboral.

Well, as fate would have it, Biyombo was chosen to play for the World Select at next month’s Hoop Summit.

It probably helped that Fuenlabrada had increased his exposure by allowing him to play in the ACB and show his potential at center.

He informed the team that he would leave for America and be away from April 3-11.

Now Fuenlabrada have issued a statement to say that if Biyombo does go, he could lose his place in the first team.

The coach of Fuenlabrada, Salva Maldonado, has also said publically: "What I am announcing in public, I have already said to the player in private, exactly the same thing.

"If Bismack Biyombo gets on that flight to play that exhibition game in the USA, he can forget about playing in the first team of Fuenlabrada.

"He has to think of the consequences his actions can have and know that upon his return nothing will be the same."

Both Biyombo has a strong cases to argue.

He will never get such an opportunity again.

The Nike Hoop Summit puts players in the international spotlight and, for a player of his talent, the event shown on national television serves as a window for NBA scouts.

Then again, the Los Angeles Lakers are among those who have already travelled to Madrid to watch Biyombo and Ayon play.

The NBA teams already know a lot about Biyombo.

There is nothing wrong with Biyombo wanting to take part in that game, though, especially when he has seen so many others from around the world go.

It’s also not his fault that he was so good that Fuenlabrada promoted him to the first team.

He will also know, however, that his team in Spain needs him.

There is no margin for error in the ACB, and especially for Fuenlabrada.

Should Biyombo go, he would miss two vitally important games in the final stretch of the season against Menorca Basquet and Asefa Estudiantes.

That is the argument of Maldonado and it, too, is understandable.

Fuenlabrada would be without a 17-minute-per-game player for vital games.

A contract is a contract, though, so to threaten to take Biyombo’s place away in the team is heavy handed and should be frowned upon.

Why don’t Fuenlabrada take advantage of this opportunity, send a representative from the club with the player and help promote Biyombo, and the club?

It could be a useful marketing tool, a chance to tell the world that Biyombo has gotten his chance to play at Fuenlabrada and that other great young talents should try and do the same.

But Fuenlabrada have decided otherwise.

What choice should Biyombo make?

It’s a tough choice, but Biyombo isn’t going to become a bad player if Fuenlabrada dump him.

He’ll play again and will do so for very good teams.

“Bismack,” I say, “Just Do It!”

By Jeff TAYLOR from FIBA

Visit: The eBA Basketball Statistics Clinics ONLINE
eBAstats
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: Dec 22, 2010, 05:41:18 PM »

1st Annual Kingdom Hoops College Exposure Camp ~
NCAA DII, DIII, NAIA, NJCAA, & Prep School ~ April 23-24th

Coaches,

We cordially invite your college player prospects from the classes of 2012 and 2013 as well as all unsigned/uncommitted 2011 seniors to our 1st Annual Kingdom Hoops College Exposure Camp. This years' event will take place the weekend of April 23-24th. We are committed to putting on a great event for players to have Live Exposure in front of Midwest College Coaches from NCAA DII, DIII, NAIA, NJCAA, & Prep School.

Spots are going to be limited and on a first come first serve basis, so encourage your players to register as early as possible.

For our registration link click here.

For information on our camp, please click here !

If you have any questions, please feel free to give me a call. Directions to Kingdom Hoops & Fligg Fieldhouse as well as Hotel Accomodations will be added online to the above link in the very near future.

Thanks and we hope to see you on April 23-24th for what will be a fun-filled weekend with great exposure for players aspiring to play at the collegiate level.

Josh Hawton
Director of Player Evaluations & Recruiting
National Program Coach & Player Development Trainer
515-333-9959
josh@kingdomhoops.com
www.kingdomhoops.com

Visit: The eBA Basketball Statistics System BOOK
Rony Seikaly

« Reply #20 on: Dec 14, 2010, 07:51:56 AM »

Basketball Professionals Players:
Rony Seikaly a Former NBA center plays to a different crowd, at his own little club

When Rony Seikaly was a young teenager in Athens, long before he grew into a 6-foot-11 all-American basketball player at Syracuse and a productive N.B.A. center, he built a small disco at home.

“I took a garage and turned it into my own little club,” said Seikaly, now 45. “I would save up money and I bought the record player, then a second record player, then a mixer. I built the whole disco myself, all the electricity, and I built all these kinds of colored lights and colored bulbs, and I’d make, like, a light show. I did that all myself.”

His interest in playing D.J. at the center of a party only grew, like his legs and his fame. Now Seikaly, more than a decade since his last game, has re-emerged as an up-and-coming D.J., playing a growing number of gigs at trendy clubs in places like Miami, New York, Las Vegas, Paris, and Ibiza, Spain. He is starting to record his own music, too, and released a compilation of music this year.

“I’m not doing this to be a celebrity,” Seikaly said. “I’m not doing this to become famous. I’m doing this just to share the love, and to share the music.”

Last Saturday night — Sunday morning, actually, at 1:25 — a huge domed nightclub called LIV was filled with a pounding beat and beautiful people. Through the thumping of a party just getting under way, a voice introduced “Mr. Rony Seikaly.” And in the D.J. booth, Seikaly went to work.

There were four CD players, not two record players. There was a mixer, festooned in colored lights and covered in small dials. While a song throbbed through the club’s sound system, Seikaly listened to another in his headphones. He touched a dial, then another, then another, like a man adjusting the temperature of his bath water. He blended one song into the other, sometimes overlapping them for a minute or more, fine-tuning their beats into an electronic symphony.

Seikaly, a human metronome, bobbed his long, lean frame to the beat. The building vibrated as if it had a pulse. Topless models painted in Day-Glo colors slithered on a small stage across the vast room. Laser lights and strobes shot through downdrafts of machine-made fog. Hundreds of bodies pitched and swayed, stirring the dance floor into a dark and restless sea.

“I call it capturing the moment,” Seikaly had explained at his house in Miami Beach the night before. Born in Lebanon and raised largely in Greece, he has a hint of an indistinguishable accent.

He explained how the night “morphs” at a club like LIV, in the Fontainebleau hotel. The first hour, he said, people get their bearings, “see who’s who, where’s where.” Loosened by drinks and music, if not the nocturnal sense that dawn is coming fast, they begin to move toward the night’s peak.

“The most important thing is to capture that moment where all of a sudden everybody is in a great mood, everybody starts dancing, and all of a sudden you feel it click between you and the crowd,” Seikaly said. “And as soon as that click happens, it’s not something that anybody else can feel except that person playing the music. As soon as you feel that connection to the crowd, then you know you’ve got them. And then you can take them on any journey you want.”

More than 25 years ago, Seikaly arrived in the sporting consciousness as a big, dark-haired freshman who helped Syracuse beat Georgetown and its star center, Patrick Ewing. As a junior in 1987, Seikaly led Syracuse to the national title game, which Indiana won on a late basket by Keith Smart. Seikaly’s No. 4 jersey is retired.

He was the first N.B.A. draft pick of the Miami Heat, chosen ninth over all in 1988. He spent the first 6 of his 11 N.B.A. seasons with the Heat, the best coming in 1992-93, when he averaged 17.1 points and 11.8 rebounds. For his career, which took him to Golden State, Orlando and New Jersey, Seikaly averaged 14.7 points and 9.5 rebounds. And his nickname, thanks to his low-post moves, was the Spin Doctor. It had nothing to do with being a D.J.

Most teammates knew little about Seikaly’s love of music. If anything, they teased him for his “Euro” tastes and his penchant for disco and pop. It was part of a well-rounded musical education that included trumpet lessons as a child. Seikaly’s parents filled the house with classical music on Sundays, and Seikaly’s wide-ranging preferences in the late 1970s included Kiss, Genesis and Barry White.

“Into the ’80s, believe it or not, we listened to a lot of Julio Iglesias,” Seikaly said. “More Latin, more love ballads. That was in. If your parents were cool, they’d listen to Julio Iglesias. As genres changed, I changed with it, until I found my niche, which is house music.”

House music is a nebulous descendant of disco, with ever-extending derivatives. It is, generally, electronic music dominated by strong, steady percussion. Vocals, often background chants or soulful wails, rarely prompt singalongs. Adherents of house music prefer the “know-it-when-you-hear-it” definition. Those who frequent dance clubs that do not play hip-hop or dabble in standards from previous decades — no Village People here — certainly have heard it.

“It’s music that you’re going to walk into a club and you’re not going to be saying, ‘Oh my God, we’ve got to get out of here,’ ” Seikaly said. “I play that music that you walk in and say: ‘O.K., I can put up with this. I may not like it, but it’s not offensive.’ ”

He laughed at the sound of that.

“It’s happy,” he said. “It keeps you there.”

Seikaly plays and creates what he called happy underground music. As a D.J., he takes pride in uncovering little-known tracks on the Web and avoiding dance-club anthems. And his original songs are electronically built atop steady, synthesized drums.

“When my mom tells me, ‘Son, your music sounds kind of all the same,’ I say, ‘That’s exactly what I thought about your classical music,’ ” Seikaly said.

Seikaly, who married and had a daughter with the model Elsa Benitez (the two divorced in 2006), has invested much of his time and money into the club scene in Miami Beach. He has had ownership stakes in a number of trendy hot spots, like Mynt, Bar None and Mokai. (He has no stake, however, in LIV.) On countless nights, he and close friends would retreat to his mansion’s “playroom” — a high-tech incarnation of the home disco he built as a child. (He has another such room, in a house he built in the 1990s in Beirut, where his parents live.)

The room feels like a mellow garage-size lounge, with dim lighting and a mirrored Buddha high on a shelf. The dark walls are lined with low couches. What looks like a bar holds CD players and a mixer, not drinks. The room is equipped with a hard-to-spot, club-level sound system.

Friends always wanted to bring more friends. Finally, in 2008, Seikaly agreed to D.J. for an expanded audience at Mokai, which he no longer owns.

“It turned out to be an amazing night,” Seikaly said.

Now he keeps a steady schedule at clubs around the world. He is scheduled to play at Lavo in Manhattan on Saturday; in Marrakesh, Morocco, later this month; and back in Miami Beach on New Year’s Eve.

He is focused on making his own music, too. Erick Morillo, one of the best-known house-music D.J.’s and founder of Subliminal Records, produced Seikaly’s first CD, “House Calls.”

“It’s a passion,” Seikaly said of his music career. “It’s a hobby. It’s a hobby on steroids because it’s no longer a hobby. You’ve crossed a line when you’re starting to make it into a business.”

The next night — morning, really — Seikaly was at work in that same D.J. booth, a 20-foot-long bar a few feet above one end of a dance floor increasingly crammed with bodies. He wore jeans and a long-sleeve T-shirt with the sleeves pushed above the elbows. His body bobbed and his fingers fondled the dials. In front of him, hundreds danced. Every once in a while, he pumped his fist to the beat and smiled.

Please, Support our Sponsors !
We owe a huge debt of gratitude to our generous sponsors for their key support.
Please help us thank them by supporting their various endeavors,
visiting their sites or using their services !

Por favor Visita a nuestros Patrocinadores !
Tenemos una deuda enorme de gratitud a nuestros patrocinadores
por su apoyo fundamental.
Por favor ayúdenos a darles las gracias
visitando sus sitios o usando sus servicios !

Seikaly was working the crowd again.

Visit: The eBA Stats Group WITH YOU on Google PLUS
juliod

« Reply #19 on: Dec 10, 2010, 05:07:01 AM »

Italian Basketball Comes of Age on the Flloor of Madison Square Garden

On Wednesday night, two of the NBA's three Italian players were on the floor of Madison Square Garden when the Knicks hosted the Toronto Raptors on Italian Heritage Night, Danilo Gallinari is in his third season with the Knicks and Andrea Bargnani is in his fifth season with the Raptors. The third, Marco Belinelli, plays for the New Orleans Hornets.

Ten years ago, few could have envisioned that Italy would have three players in the N.B.A. Even in 2006, Gallinari played in the second Italian league at the same time that Bargnani was elected the best under-21 basketball talent in Europe. Gallinari, better known for being the son of the Vittorio Gallinari, who shared a room in Serie A with Knicks Coach Mike D’Antoni, was thought to be a valuable future player though not a first-round pick in the N.B.A. draft. At that time, for the young “Gallo” the word N.B.A. was just a dream.

On many Sunday mornings, he was jumping on a bus for up to seven hours before reaching the opponent’s court. His routine was simple: get up early, take something to read on the road and sleep on the way back because at 8:30 the next morning, he had to be in school.

At that time, Belinelli was probably more successful than his two Italian colleagues in the N.B.A. He grew up in Bologna, the capital of Italian basketball. In 2005 at 19 years old, he won the Italian championship and became M.V.P. of the Italian “Supercoppa,” one of the major national trophies of the regular season. The previous season, his club, Fortitudo Bologna, had a disappointing playoffs with the former N.B.A. players Dominique Wilkins and David Rivers. With Belinelli, Fortitudo Bologna showed it was finally ready to compete in Italy and Europe.

In a country where soccer is a religion, these were the days when Italian fans started to watch basketball as a different sport discipline. Italy had always a strong international basketball tradition, but beside all the major important victories of its national team, Italians had always missed a complete international talent.

When Bargnani became eligible for the N.B.A. draft, Dirk Nowitzki was already the new Boris Becker in Germany. In the former Yugoslavia, the heart of Drazen Petrovic was still beating inside great icons like Tony Kukoc and Vlade Divac.

In Spain, a son of a Catalan medical doctor, became the rookie of the year. Before winning the title with the Lakers, Pau Gasol helped open doors to the N.B.A. for many of his national teammates.

Yes, Italian basketball fans were feeling close to Kobe Bryant and his young years in Reggio Emilia, Reggio Calabria and Pistoia. It’s funny to remember that when he was 13, he was not the best player on this local team and several players are still blustering around the fact that they beat him one to one.

In the recent past, Italy was proud of its adopted sons Manu Ginobili and Carlos Delfino, both nurtured by the coach Tonino Zorzi in Reggio Calabria before moving to Bologna with different teams. But if you are looking for an Italian native, you would have to wait a little bit longer.

Now that Belinelli is in New Orleans is back on track after the unhappy seasons in San Francisco and Toronto, and now that Bargnani and Gallinari are in the league, the N.B.A.’s popularity in Italy is increasing day after day. For example, if you compare the same Euroleague and N.B.A. article on the same online sport newspaper, you will realize the N.B.A. article will have five times more comments than the same article on Euroleague.

Of course, if you analyze the personalities of Gallinari, Bargnani and Belinelli, you will discover three different characters. Bargnani took part of his first two seasons to understand how to interact with the American news media. Without Chris Bosh, he is playing solid and strong basketball. Is he ready for the All Star Game? In Italy everybody will tell you yes.

When you speak with Belinelli, he will keep saying that he never quit and he will try the hardest because he is well aware of his capabilities. Don’t ask him what he thinks about Toronto; just keep going and ask him about his relationship with Chris Paul.

Gallinari is different. He doesn’t like to expose his cards. He will always take two seconds to think before he responds and let himself go, but at the end of story, all three are reaching a notable level of success in a special world called N.B.A.

Do we need something else? After long seasons of experimental cuisine, finally the Italian culinary school had mixed its quality dishes and is ready to present its new menu. I will suggest tortellini with ricotta filling, a nice Florentine steak and a dessert of the best tiramisu’ you never had.

In other words, you pick the table and when you pay the bill you will be satisfied. If you don’t trust us, well, ask the Italian N.B.A. fans.

From FIBA Today

Visit: The eBA Stats Group WITH YOU on Facebook !
MJC

« Reply #18 on: Nov 25, 2010, 05:20:22 AM »

Necesito un Pivot para jugar la liga provincial de Entre Rios, Argentina

Necesito un Pivot para jugar la liga provincial de Entre Rios, Argentina
El que tenga un dato que por favor me lo pase a

Contacto= emifczapata@hotmail.com    

Muchas gracias

Visite: El Grupo eBA Stats CONTIGO en Twitter !

Coach Rounin9

« Reply #17 on: Nov 20, 2010, 06:41:15 PM »

Van Den Spiegel a nice piece to Milano puzzle

Armani Jeans Milan have many a reason to be giddy about this season both in Italy and Europe.

Piero Bucchi's team is flying high in Lega A with five wins in as many games, and Milano are 2-2 in the Euroleague.

Now that the club has signed veteran center Thomas Van Den Spiegel for the next couple of months, Armani Jeans should become even better.

Van Den Spiegel was in Valencia last week, where Armani Jeans hammered their opponents and put the final nail in the coffin of coach Manuel Hussein (the club announced on Tuesday that Svetislav Pesic was their new coach).

At the time, he said he was waiting to put pen to paper on a deal.

He’s an ideal player to come off the bench and give valuable minutes in the low post.

The 2.14m center was good at Roma, and even better at CSKA Moscow where he helped Ettore Messina's teams capture two Euroleague crowns, in 2006 and '08.

Van Den Spiegel does three things very well.

He brings energy off the bench, rebounds and blocks shots.

It's why Messina, when he became the coach of Madrid before last season, made a move for Van Den Spiegel.

Injury limited Van Den Spiegel to just 10 official games last season but now that he’s healthy, look for him to make a solid contribution for a Milano team that is growing in confidence.

Van Den Spiegel and Belgium

Van Den Spiegel, now 32, did something else this summer.

He put on the Belgium shirt and helped his national team win its group to qualify directly for EuroBasket 2011 in Lithuania.

It was one of the greatest moments of his career because Belgium haven’t played at a EuroBasket since 1993.

Van Den Spiegel hadn't been able to compete for his country for several years before this summer.

He talked to FIBA.com about the Belgium experience.

"I broke my wrist the first week of practice," he said.

"Yes, I had some bad luck again, but then came back and played the last six games.

"It went great because we ended up winning our group.

"Our last game was do-or-die that we won at home against Poland in front of 6,000 crazy Belgian fans."

That clash with Poland indeed a thriller.

Eddy Casteels' men trailed the Poles by as many as 10 points in the first and second quarters but never lost their focus and ended up winning 70-67.

"I think we have a great group of players," Van Den Spiegel said.

"It's just a good feeling knowing that we are going to the European Championship next year.

"Most of us are good friends and are quite young, except for a couple of players like me.

"We have two or three veterans combined with a lot of young talent and enthusiasm and a good coach.

"We just have fun.

"You can see that if you're just having fun, you can get some results."

What was the difference this year?

"It's a combination of a lot of things," Van Den Spiegel said.

"We're not a basketball country and it's not been easy over the years.

"I think we've had a coach who put everything he had into it the past five or six years and he convinced everybody to come.

"And you see once that happens, and once you get the chemistry, a lot of things are possible."

BBy Jeff TAYLOR from FIBA

Visit: The eBA Stats Group Channel on YouTube
willgam

« Reply #16 on: Nov 15, 2010, 09:23:54 PM »

Lithuania’s Mr Hustle

There are so many great Lithuanian basketball players to admire.

Arvydas Sabonis?

Now that’s a legend from the Baltics if ever there was one!

He’s the most famous of all, a man that many called the best in the game when he was at the height of his career and still playing in Europe.

Sabonis went into the FIBA Hall of Fame this year.

Jonas Maciulis, a player in Lithuania’s national team now, learned to play at the Sabonis basketball school in Kaunas.

But what has made Lithuanian basketball successful over the years hasn’t been one man.

It’s been a belief in the team ethos, that it’s the most important element in success, and life.

There is also the fact that only players willing to fight for 40 minutes in every game – the way Maciulis and Lithuania did this summer when they went on a stunning run to the bronze medal at the FIBA World Championship as a wild-card participant – can play for the national team.

It’s fitting, then, that Maciulis gave his answer on Thursday night, after tearing apart Power Electronics Valencia with 26 points, as to who his favorite player was when he was growing up.

It was someone like himself, someone unheralded that a lot of fans around the world may not know but one that is vitally important for teams to win.

"Mindaugas Timinskas of Zalgiris,” he said to FIBA.com, referring to the former national team player.

"He was my idol.

"I want to fight, to be like him."

The play of Maciulis for Armani Jeans Milano on Thursday night would have made Timinskas smile.

The 25-year-old forward shot the ball so well in the first half of the Euroleague game that by half-time, he had 18 points.

He finished with a game-high 26.

Maciulis was so impressive in scoring from everywhere on the court and collecting floor burns while diving for loose balls that he received applause from the Valencia fans whenever he left the game.

It was reminiscent of the way he and his national team played in Turkey.

Next summer

Maciulis is clearly on a high from this summer with the national team.

Lithuania had been down in the dumps after EuroBasket 2009 when they won just one game.

That tournament had been torture for the players.

Everything changed in Turkey and coach Kestutis Kemzura was the biggest reason why.

He took over from Ramunas Butautas and successfully changed the mood in the squad.

"He has authority,” Maciulis said.

“You just look at him, how calm he is and how he explains everything to you, and how he's a great man - you just believe in him.

"I think this is the most important thing, to believe in a coach and go with him every time.

"There wasn't one second when the team wasn't with the coach (in Turkey), so, this is really important.

"First of all, he's a great guy outside basketball so this helps for sure."

After the 2008 Olympics, the USA players talked openly about how the experience had changed them for the better.

The same can be said for this summer with Lithuania.

"I think the confidence (from the World Championship) helps for sure, to arrive in Milan after being with a great team," he said.

"Everybody will come (to the EuroBasket) with more skills, more confidence.

"I'm looking at the performances of everyone now this season that was in the national team and I think we will be a good national team.

"I hope that we will win in our country."

By Jeff TAYLOR from FIBA

Visit: The eBA Basketball Statistics Great Debate
georgehowlin

« Reply #15 on: Nov 02, 2010, 01:12:34 AM »

A Magnificent College Point Guard in America at Florida,
Nick Calathes Content and Confident Wear the Panathinaikos Shirt

There’s something very refreshing when seeing Nick Calathes wear the Panathinaikos shirt.

A magnificent college point guard in America at Florida, Calathes left the Gators after two seasons to launch his professional career with the Greens in Greece.

He has the advantage of possessing a Greek passport, which means he doesn’t take up one of the valued foreigner spots.

What one realizes quickly at Panathinaikos games is that Calathes isn't playing much.

Panathinaikos is a star-laden team in the Euroleague that revolves around the sublimely gifted point guard Dimitris Diamantidis.

In the team’s Euroleague opener at Valencia last week, Calathes only played five minutes and 51 seconds.

On Thursday at home to CSKA Moscow, Calathes played almost 10 minutes.

Panathinaikos won both games.

Calathes, who was taken in the 2009 NBA Draft by Minnesota, isn’t getting many minutes but he’s got a smile on his face and a bounce in his step.

He looks content.

"I've been here for two years now, or a year and a half," he said to FIBA.com after the game against Valencia, "and the national team has really helped me.

"Obviously, it's tough to adjust because I've lived in the States my whole life but I think I'm getting better at it.

"Greece is a great place and I'm with a great organization (Panathinaikos)."

Calathes mentioned national team.

Greece, remember, won EuroBasket 2005 in Belgrade and followed that up with the stunning 101-95 upset of Team USA in the Semi-Finals of the 2006 FIBA World Championship history.

In 2009, when Calathes joined the team, a shorthanded Greece under new coach Jonas Kazlauskas went on a terrific run at the EuroBasket in Poland and captured the bronze medal.

This year, though, there was no gain, only pain.

In the build-up to Turkey, two Greek players - Antonis Fotsis and Sofoklis Schortsanitis - were each banned for two games after an incident late in a friendly against Serbia.

The Greeks went to Ankara and lost to Turkey, and unexpectedly to Russia, before falling to Spain in the Eight-Finals.

And to finish a disappointing World Championship for Greece, the much-loved 30-year-old Diamantidis announced he was retiring from the national team.

Without delving too much into the negatives, Calathes did comment on Greece's summer.

"We didn't connect really during the World Championship," he said.

"I thought we were a lot better than what we showed.

"Obviously we could have shot a lot better, but it happens sometimes like that.

"Hopefully next year, we can do something special at the EuroBasket."

As for the potential changes in the Greek national team, especially with Diamantidis' retirement and the question as to who will coach the team now that Kazlauskas' contract has expired, Calathes said: "I don't know.

"I'm focused on Panathinaikos right now.

"Whatever happens with the Greek Federation and what they decide, I don't know.

"I'm focusing on the here and now and hopefully we can win some championships here."

Putting all of his attention on Panathinaikos is not a bad thing.

Calathes is getting a chance to play with Diamantidis and under Obradovic.

The Greens will be among the teams to beat once again this year.

Off the court, it’s different this season.

Calathes is no longer sharing a home in Athens with his brother, Pat.

Nick stayed but Pat, who played for Maroussi in Athens last season, is now playing in Rhodes.

They will still see each other from time to time, but now Nick is on his own.

"It's good to have your own privacy, but it's better with family being with you all the time," he said.

"But it's still fun.

"I've got teammates that are like family to me and have taken me under their wing, have shown me around, taken me out to dinner and stuff like that.

"My parents will come over once a year.

"They'll come over in January or February and I've got a lot of friends that come over."

Pat said that he did the cooking, and cleaning, when he and Nick lived together in Athens.

What Nick's take on that?

"(Laughs) Don't listen to him," he said.

"He's the one that made my house a mess."

By Jeff TAYLOR from FIBA

Visit: The eBA Stats Group Basketball Books & DVDs STORE
peru_fan

« Reply #14 on: Oct 19, 2010, 04:26:46 PM »

Necesito Jugadoras de Nivel para que Jueguen en la Liga Peruana

NECESITO JUGADORAS DE NIVEL PARA QUE JUEGUEN EN LA LIGA PERUANA ,
DE PREFERENCIA QUE JUEGUEN  DE 1 Y 2 Y OTRA QUE LO HAGA DE 3 Y 4.
SE LES DA HOSPEDAJE ALIMENTACION PASAJES Y SUBVENCION ECONOMICA,

Contacto= JORGE Y ARIAS VILDOSO
CEL:988661123
jorgeariasbsm@yahoo.es

Visite: El Portal del Grupo eBA Stats
eBAstats
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: Aug 24, 2010, 11:32:58 PM »

Jugador U19 Quiere Contactar un Club que Requiera sus Servicios

Nombre: Matías Maidana    Edad:19 años    Fecha de nacimiento: 11/05/91   Origen: Tucumán
Puesto: Base   Estatura:1.84 m

A los 16 años estuvo en Quimsa (Santiago del Estero), participó como juvenil en Ciclista Olímpico de la Banda (Santiago del Estero), participó también en varias selecciones representando a su provincia en las categorías que le correspondía.

Actual club Club Municipalidad de Córdoba de Córdoba Capitál, club que juega en la máxima categoría de esa asociación.-

E-mail de Matias Maidana: matiasmaidana227@hotmail.com

Visite: El Grupo eBA Stats CONTIGO en Google PLUS !
Pre Liminar

« Reply #12 on: Aug 16, 2010, 04:26:00 AM »

Pippen y Malone ya son inmortales:
ya entraron en el Salón de la Fama del Basquetbol Naismith Memorial

SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts -- Scottie Pippen agradeció al jugador que significó mucho para él en su carrera.

Por su parte, Karl Malone recordó a la persona que significó más en su vida.

El pasado viernes 13 de Agosto, Pippen y Malone fueron incluidos en el Salón de la Fama del Basquetbol Naismith Memorial, reconocidos como jugadores de manera individual y como miembros del Dream Team del año 1992.

Pippen abrió su discurso con el que agradeció su inclusión al alabar a su ex compañero Michael Jordan, con quien ganó seis veces el campeonato de la NBA con los Chicago Bulls y le agradeció por ser "el mejor compañero de equipo".

"MJ, has tocado la vida de muchas personas, pero ninguna como la mía", dijo Pippen, un jugador poco conocido de la Universidad Central de Arkansas cuando los Bulls lo adquirieron en 1987.

Pippen fue el primer jugador incluido en la ceremonia efectuada en el Salón de la Sinfonía, con la presencia de Jordan en el mismo escenario como su presentador y Pippen dijo que "agradecerá por siempre esa relación".

"Quién iba a decir que el número 23 iba a estar aquí 23 años después presentándome en el Salón de la Fama", dijo Pippen.

Malone batalló para controlar su emoción durante su discurso, sobre todo hacia el final cuando recordó a su madre, quien cumplió el viernes siete años de fallecida.

"Estoy aquí gracias a ella", agregó.

Malone también agradeció al dueño del Utah Jazz, Larry Miller por creer en él. Malone ganó dos premios al Jugador Más Valioso y está en el segundo lugar de máximos anotadores en la historia de la NBA, y señaló que todo este éxito se debió a mantenerse fiel a sus raíces de Luisiana.

"Espero haberlo hecho de la manera como lo hicieron mis antecesores antes que yo", dijo Malone. "No hice nada más que jugar fuerte", agregó.

Dentro de los consagrados al Salón en este 2010 también se encuentran los integrantes del Equipo de Ensueño (Dream Team) que ganó la medalla de oro de los Juegos Olímpicos de Barcelona 1992, así como el equipo que ganó la medalla de oro de los Juegos Olímpicos de Roma 1960.

Pippen y Malone jugaron con Jordan, Magic Johnson, Charles Barkley y Larry Bird en el equipo de 1992, y Bird, quien estaba a punto de retirarse debido a una lesión en la espalda, fue convencido por Johnson para que participara en los Juegos Olímpicos.

"Fue una bella manera de decir adiós, ganando la medalla de oro", dijo Bird.

En el escenario estuvo en pleno el Equipo de Ensueño (Dream Team), así como los integrantes que todavía viven del equipo campeón de los Juegos Olímpicos de 1960.

Con un grupo de superestrellas de la NBA, la selección estadounidense, más conocida como el "Dream Team" se exhibió y deslumbró de forma dominante y espectacular en su recorrido hacia la medalla de oro en Barcelona. De paso, elevó la popularidad del baloncesto estadounidense a niveles sin precedentes.

"Fue la primera vez que se unieron en la selección los jugadores de la NBA, y aquello fue muy especial", recordó Bird. "De niño, uno siempre sueña con los Juegos Olímpicos y se pregunta cuál será la sensación de participar en unos. Fue muy especial el ser capaces de hacer esto, sin duda".

Los estadounidenses anotaron un récord olímpico de 117,3 puntos de promedio por partido y ganaron sus encuentros por una diferencia de 43,8 tantos de media por encuentro en los Juegos de Barcelona.

"Era la primera vez que la gente veía un partido de éstos, y algunos decían: 'Ya sé cuál es el resultado, pero quiero ver actuar a estos artistas", secundó el comisionado de la NBA, David Stern, quien añadió que el equipo "sin duda fue el catalizador del crecimiento internacional de la liga".

También Ubiratan Maciel de Brasil fue incluído en el Salón de la Fama.

FIBA Américas

Visite: Los Blogs de las Estadísticas del Grupo eBA Stats
pan_chito32

« Reply #11 on: Jul 07, 2010, 01:20:39 AM »

Pau Gasol: ‘Spain has nothing to envy of Team USA’

Pau Gasol firmly believes that Spain can win without him this summer when they try to defend their world title in Turkey.

The Los Angeles Lakers superstar announced shortly before winning his second NBA crown in a row that he would not play in Izmir, when Spain go up against New Zealand, Canada, Lebanon, Lithuania and France.

"The Spanish national team is a group of players without complexes, with ambition and with nothing to envy of Team USA,” he said.

“This Spanish team has made history at every level and I hope the FIBA World Championship in Turkey will bring our fans another happy moment.”

Spain have a 15-member preliminary squad that includes Gasol’s brother, Memphis Grizzlies center Marc Gasol.

Pau Gasol, the MVP of the 2006 FIBA World Championship and at last year’s EuroBasket in Poland, wishes he could be in the squad in Turkey but it wasn’t to be this time.

“It was a painful decision but my body told me that I had to rest,” Gasol said.

Spain is right now among the countries dominating the sports headlines around the globe.

European champions in football, Spain are preparing to take on Germany in the Semi-Finals of the World Cup in South Africa.

The team’s world number one tennis player, Rafa Nadal, also won another Grand Slam on Sunday at Wimbledon.

Nadal came and watched Spain play in the Wukesong Arena at the Beijing Olympics.

“Rafa Nadal is an example to follow,” Gasol said.

“He is incredible in many ways and one can only take his hat off to him.

“I am very proud of what he has achieved and to be a friend of his."

The seven-footer made his comments in Alicante at his basketball camp, the fifth edition of the Gasol Academy Costa Blanca.

from FIBA

Visit: The eBA Basketball & Statistics Encyclopedia
eBAstats
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: Jun 27, 2010, 05:31:14 PM »

Looking for Youth Basketball Coaches Interested in an Advisory Capacity

(para Traducción al Español= Ver a Continuación)

Hello Basketball coaches -
We are in the early stages of developing new instructional DVDs for youth basketball coaches. If you are currently a coach of a youth basketball team and care to share your opinions and insight about the needs of a youth basketball coach, please send me an email and I will be in touch to follow-up. Many thanks to all !

Darryl Bennett
Darryl.Bennett@ChampionshipProductions.com

Buscando Entrenadores de Baloncesto Juvenil
Interesados en Consultoría y Asesoramiento

Hola entrenadores de Baloncesto -
Nosotros estamos en la faz inicial del desarrollo de nuevos DVDs de instrucción para entrenadores de baloncesto juvenil. Si Usted está actualmente entrenando un equipo de baloncesto juvenill y se preocupa por compartir sus opiniones y comprensión acerca de las necesidades de un entrenador de baloncesto juvenil, por favor envíeme un email y yo estaré en contacto con Usted para seguir esta charla. Muchas gracias a todos !

Darryl Bennett
Darryl.Bennett@ChampionshipProductions.com

Visite: La Clínica eBA EN-LÍNEA de las Estadísticas del Baloncesto
eBAstats
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: Jun 03, 2010, 04:23:45 PM »

Se Busca Profesor de Educacion Fisica
para trabajar en Basquetbol Formativo

Para el sur de Chile se solicita, Profesor de Educacion Fisica para trabajar en Basquetbol Formativo ( Mini Basquetbol ) y ademas, con experiencia  en  diversidad de gimnasia para adultos y en gimnasio de pesas

Preferentemente no exeder los  27 años  y puede ser mujer u hombre
es a partir del mes de Julio y por el periodo de un año .

Contacto= Edison Bermudez celular 078553430

Visite: El LIBRO del Sistema eBA de las Estadísticas del Baloncesto
kurt_iran

« Reply #8 on: Apr 16, 2010, 04:23:47 AM »

Iranian playing in NBA scores with America

From nuclear weapons to human rights, the image of Iran is quite negative in America. But with little fanfare, one Iranian man has won hearts and cheers battling Americans on the court in basketball arenas around the country.

Hamed Haddadi is the NBA's first Iranian basketball player. At 7-foot-2, Haddadi began playing for Tennessee's Memphis Grizzlies in August 2008. His final game of this season was set for Wednesday night in Oklahoma City.

Despite U.S.-Iran tensions in the political arena, any strains appear absent with teammates and fans alike.

"It seems like he's the most popular Grizzly. When we go on the road ... he has a lot of support from a lot of people, a lot of people come out to watch him and watch us play," said teammate Mike Conley, who accompanied Haddadi to a "kebab fest."

The kebab fest was held in Las Vegas in 2009. Haddadi was accompanied by Conley and fellow Grizzly Hakim Warrick to a Persian restaurant. The event served to introduce the teammates to Persian food. Grizzlies' forward Rudy Gay turned the tables when he took Haddadi for a taste of American ribs at a Memphis restaurant.

It wasn't as easy getting permission to play in the United States. Current U.S. sanctions on Iran prohibit "a person or organization in the United States from engaging in business dealings with Iranian nationals," stated the NBA legal counsel.

The NBA had to apply to the U.S. government for a license that granted Haddadi permission to play for the NBA.

The reception has been positive courtside. But problems arose from game announcers once.

Ralph Lawler and Mike Smith, L.A. Clippers announcers on local Fox Sports, were suspended for a game for insensitive comments about Haddadi. When the Grizzlies faced the Clippers, the two joked about the Iranian center.

"You're sure it's not Borat's older brother?" said Smith. "If they ever make a movie about Haddadi, I'm going to get Sacha Baron Cohen to play the part."

Mayar Zokaei, Haddadi's Iranian-American manager, said the Iranian basketball player has brought lots of media attention to the middle-of-the-standings Grizzlies.

"He's gotten more press then any of his teammates this year and the past couple of years just for the sole reason that he's Iranian-American," said Zokaei. "Iranian playing basketball in America ... that's rare. [There aren't many]) Iranians doing anything in bona fide sports arenas in the U.S."

Haddadi faces big challenges. One is speaking and learning English.

Furthermore, his family is almost 7,000 miles away in Iran. The political turmoil back home is something he can't control. He worries about his family.

"It affects him because he misses them, he's not able to keep up to date with them because he's so busy ... he's always concerned about their well-being and such," said Zokaei.

Off the court, Haddadi has been working to bridge the gap between Iranian-Americans and basketball. Haddadi was at the forefront of creating the Hamed Haddadi Javanan Foundation. The charity organization aims to award college scholarships to student athletes.

The foundation has not been his only initiative.

In 2009, with Los Angeles Lakers forward Ron Artest and manager Zokaei, Haddadi hosted a weekend basketball camp for 100 children.

The camp was held on the campus of California State University at Northridge and was aimed mainly at the Iranian-American community.

Haddadi's team did not make the NBA playoffs, which start within the week. His next test on the court -- playing for Iran against the United States in the world championships in September in Turkey. Haddadi and teammate Rudy Gay agree the United States will win.

"Tell you the truth ... we can't beat the United States you know," said Haddadi. "We're [The U.S.] gonna win, of course," boasted Gay.

But his two years in America have been a personal victory for Haddadi, who just wants to play more when he returns to America.

FIBA

Visit: The eBA Stats Group WITH YOU on Google PLUS
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: